Financial Support for Carers

Department of Human Services/Centrelink
13 27 17 (Disability, Sickness and Carers Line) 8am-5pm Weekdays

Centrelink provides financial help to eligible carers. If you are in an ongoing caring role you may be able to apply for a Carer Payment and or a Carer Allowance. If you are experiencing financial hardship you can apply for an Advance Payment. You will receive part of your payment early and you can pay it back later.
To do any of these please link your myGov account to Centrelink and apply online. Go to the myGov help desk on 13 23 07 (open 7 days a week) or visit the website

We also have a Centrelink Agent in Nubeena: See Kathy or Sally at the Reception of the Multi-Purpose Service or drop in at the Tasman Neighbourhood House.

You can make an appointment with a Centrelink Social Worker by calling 13 28 50. Centrelink also has Multicultural Service Officers and Aboriginal Liaison Officers.

Go back