1800 000 699
During BUSHFIRE SEASON only Permit fires are allowed. If you see smoke during this time:
1. Call 000 immediately. Registered burns are not permitted in high fire danger conditions.
2. Action your Bushfire Plan if required
3. Listen to ABC radio or ring Tasman Council for location of Evacuation Centres and/or
4. Keep updated with TASalert here https://alert.tas.gov.au/
If you see smoke and it is NOT BUSHFIRE SEASON and burn-offs are allowed:
1. First, check if it’s a registered burn by free calling 1800 000 699 or go to https://www.fire.tas.gov.au and select “What’s Burning Now”
2. If it’s not a registered burn, call 000.
3. Keep updated with TASalert and be prepared to action your Bushfire Plan
Keep aware of smoke during bushfire season. You can check the Fire Danger Rating on the Tasmania Fire Service website up to 4 days ahead or listen to ABC radio for daily forecasts. The Fire Danger Rating keeps you informed of potential fire weather and how severe it might be, if a fire starts. It is recommended that you have your Bushfire Plans completed and ready to action before Summer.
Want to know more about:
- The Fire Danger Rating System and how to keep aware of fire, please go here https://www.fire.tas.gov.au/fire-danger-rating/
- Bushfire incidents and warnings in your area, please go to the TASalert website found here https://alert.tas.gov.au/
- Preparing for the bushfire season, please go here https://bushfire.tas.gov.au/
- Keeping your home safer go here https://www.fire.tas.gov.au and select Home Fire Safety
- Free Bushfire Property Assessments – Contact Koonya Brigade 0468 379 370
- Bushfire Phone Trees – a local early warning system – Contact Koonya Brigade
- Educating the family and kids about preparing for natural disaster with Tasmania Fire Service https://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ or Red Cross https://www.redcross.org.au/